Monday 16 February 2015

My Family's Health Comes First!

Happy Family Day in Canada!

Hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend with their family!

For me, family is everything!

So when I first watched the documentary, "Forks Over Knives" and heard about Dr. T. Colin Campbell and his scientific study called, "The China Study", the first thing I wanted to do is share it with my family and give them the gift of optimal health!

Not so easy trying to convince an Italian family that they should cut all meat and dairy products, which includes eggs and cheese! Well, Rome wasn't built in a day! I will take small steps of change from them for now...

When my parents lived in Italy more than 50 years ago, things were different than today! They worked on the farm, growing crops, tending to the animals, and harvesting all their hard work before winter came. When they came home for lunch, they needed to consume animal products and oils in order to make up for the calories they burned in the fields!

My dad told me stories from those times! He told me that eating meat was only for special occasions. If they were lucky, they had meat once a week.

The Mediterranean diet that we speak of today is not the same diet my parents grew up with. Cheese, meat and oil was used as a condiment.

Everything in moderation worked in those days, but not today!

Today, we consume more than the daily recommended intake of protein and calcium required!

Did you know that leafy green vegetables contain more calcium than a glass of milk and that beans have more protein than a steak?

But why eat salad and beans all day. A bacon cheeseburger tastes sooo much better!

I'll tell you why!

Because Dr. T. Colin Campbell, along with 30 years of research proved that eating animal protein feeds cancer growth. In other words, if you eat animal products, the cancer cells that are just sitting there, will begin to grow and divide. .But, if you follow a whole plant-based lifestyle, those cancer cells that are just sitting there will do exactly that...Nothing!

It's the casein in milk, in particular that causes cancer growth! In Dr. Campbell's study, he discovered that tumor growth can be turned on and off simply by increasing and decreasing animal protein fed to rats. The rats that were fed 5% animal protein, had a reversal of tumor growth, but once they were fed 20% of animal protein, the tumor growth increased. He did this in intervals of 5% and 20% and literally turned on and off cancer growth each time!

That was an "Aha" moment for me that changed my life forever...

Read the China Study and follow the links below for further information.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygnnu68R6iU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfsT-qYeqGM


http://nutritionstudies.org/animal-protein-carcinogen/

Living a healthy and vibrant life...

Optimal heath begins with a lifestyle change!

Eliminate all animal products, cut oils, all processed foods and refined sugars!

My family, my love...

Small steps are happening right before my eyes...

If I eat plant-based foods, they will follow!

To your family's heath,

Sandra Perri

No comments:

Post a Comment