Sunday 8 February 2015

It's Time to Take Your Health Into Your Own Hands!



Hope everyone had a fantastic week and you are well on your way to optimal health!

If not, then today is the day you finally take your health into your own hands!

How many yo yo diets have you been on? Sure, you lose a lot of weight, but then you go back to your old eating habits and put the weight back on, with a few extra pounds that you didn't ask for!

I'm not asking you to go on another diet that is sure to fail. I'm asking you to make a life choice... to eat the best possible food that will strengthen your immunity, protect you against all chronic diseases, and, allow you to lose weight effortlessly, without depriving yourself, never to feel hunger again, and finally, to begin tasting, I mean really tasting food for the very first time!

Thanks to our sugar addictions, our taste buds have become distorted!

Recently, I discovered avocado, thanks to my dear friend, Simone. Thanks, Simone! I am blessed to have you in my life and to be sharing this journey with you! I look forward to the scrumptious plant-based dishes you bring to work daily! I never realized how buttery and creamy avocado was! It's a great alternative to dairy products!

Speaking of dairy products, did you know that dairy products cause constipation in children and cause many childhood illnesses such as asthma and chronic ear and throat infections? I wish I knew that when my children were smaller because I would have eliminated dairy products sooner!

I know your next question, "If I eliminate dairy products when my children are still growing, how will they get the necessary calcium to strengthen their bones?

All non-dairy milks are fortified with calcium and vitamins D and B12. Choose your favourite soy or almond milk and your kids will never miss cow's milk! And when they do, remind them that some of the cow's puss is passed on into the milk! Yum!

Follow these links from Dr. John McDougall to learn more about the harm of dairy products!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKu2n4dMMCMDiet vs. Drugs

If you are skeptical, here are foods that are high in calcium: almonds, broccoli, figs, all dark leafy green vegetables, chia seeds, butternut squash, collards, and any plant-based milk!

Dr. John McDougall has dedicated his medical career and helped many people prevent and reverse chronic diseases by following a plant-based diet which includes starches!

It was in Hawaii that Dr. McDougall first observed the diets of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation Asians and observed how each generation ate differently from the other! The 1st generation ate mostly a plant-based starchy diet with little animal products and were trim and free of disease, while the other generations became more westernized, ate foods higher in saturated fat which came from animal products, were obese and living with chronic diseases. It was at this time that Dr. McDougall realized that it's the food that makes us sick!

Thank you Dr. McDougall for making our world a better place and for changing my family's life forever!

Follow these links for further information about a starch-based diet! https://www.drmcdougall.com/ , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5TfVp3pc- Iand read Dr. McDougall's book, "The Starch Solution."


Did you know that the Okinawa people in Japan have been eating the same starch-based diet for over 100 years and are one of the oldest people in the world living today? 

Why is that? Why is it that these centenarians have outlived their children and grandchildren?

Because they never changed their way of eating. Whereas their children and grandchildren have adopted the Western American Diet and with that have inherited all the chronic diseases we live with today!

No thank you!

I'm good with eating a plant-based diet which include all my favourite comfort, starchy foods: potatoes, rice, corn, bread, pasta...homemade tomato sauce with garlic and basil...

Life is good!

What have I modified?

We've eliminated white flour as much as we can. We now eat whole wheat pasta and rice.

Eat more whole foods that have not been processed like, quinoa, couscous, oats!

My kids don't even notice that my homemade pizza dough is mostly made of whole wheat!

Look for my upcoming homemade recipes that I've modified to make them plant-based!

I can't change the world,, but I can change one person at a time...

Helping to make this a better world...

Learning as I go along...

Sharing my knowledge...

Taking your health into your own hands was never so easy!

To your health,

Sandra Perri







No comments:

Post a Comment