Saturday 24 January 2015

My Family's Journey to Optimal Health!

Welcome to my first post for 2015!

I am very excited about my new blog which is inspired by my first blog:(wakeupandsmellthepetunias.blogspot.com). Check it out and become inspired, too!

Last year, my life was spiraling in the wrong direction and I needed something to inspire me and give me some direction. So, I started blogging about whatever was on my mind. It seemed that this blog was the appetizer for my new blog, Italian Pasta Fazool Girl!

Why the name, you ask?

Well, I'm Italian of course with a twist, I don't eat animal products anymore!

When I told my parents that I wasn't going to eat my dad's homemade sausage anymore...They were obviously in shock, but I told them I would eat all the vegetables in his garden, especially his beans!

Nonno Mario's Garden

As I was trying to figure out where my life was taking me, I stumbled upon my true passion: Cooking for the ones I love! 

I dedicate this blog to my husband. If it wasn't for him, I would have never ignited my love for cooking and then discover how the food we eat affects our health!

This is not a diet I am promoting. It's a lifestyle change. A change that will give you optimal health.

The goal of my blog is to help you transition from eating a Standard American Diet to eating delicious, whole plant-based foods. I will post links to websites and recommend great informative podcasts to help you reach your ultimate goal and change your life forever!

I am on this journey with you since I will be learning too! I will be sharing my family's Italian recipes but making them plant-based. I already have many recipes to share! Homemade pizza dough, stuffed zucchini, Nonna Anna's Secret Lasagna, and of course the best Pasta Fazool you ever tasted!

In the meantime, watch the documentary, "Forks Over Knives" on Netflix and learn how many doctors, such as, Dr. John McDougall, Dr. T. Colin Campbell, and Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn have dedicated their medical career to promoting optimal health and preventing chronic diseases from ever forming, simply by eating a whole plant-based diet!

It's time to take your health into your own hands!

One step at a time...

To your good health,

Sandra Perri












No comments:

Post a Comment